Saturday, November 17, 2012

Shopping for the holidays

One of the hardest things as a young family is finding a way to go on a family vacation that is fun for everyone and will not break the bank. There are ways to accomplish this. You can even make it fun. The first, and often most difficult step is to save money. Now I know you are thinking “But Beth it is Christmas time! How am I supposed to save money?” This is one of the most difficult times of year to save money. If you are anything like me you often end up buying more then you intended and spend even more. That is where we will start. Sit down and make a list for everyone that you want or need to get a gift for. Then write down what you are going to get them or a price limit. This sounds great and easy, right? The hard part is when you go shopping you must stick to the list. Do not by any that is out of the price range, you set or that you did not plan on buying. Take advantage of the upcoming sales to pick up the high-ticket items on your list so that you are able to get the lowest price. This will help you to stay on target with your spending for the holidays allowing you to set a little aside for your family vacation.

1 comment:

  1. Since I have a large family, I look forward to seeing some of your ideas for affordable vacation ideas.

    ReplyDelete